Gwinnett County Public Schools consistently post among the highest test scores in Georgia and the nation, while its teachers, students and faculty earn state and national awards of excellence. All Gwinnett County high schools offer advanced placement curricula for college preparatory coursework.
Within the GCPS system:
- 77 elementary, 26 middle, 19 high, four charter, and six other educational facilities served nearly 168,600 students in the 2012-2013 school year
- Of the more than 10,500 graduates in 2013, about 84 percent planned to attend college/post-secondary schools
- Students topped state and national averages on the SAT and ACT, with an average score of 1518 on the SAT, 20 points above the national average
- Results from the Criterion Referenced Competency Test (CRCT) show that the vast majority of Gwinnett’s 3rd, 5th and 8th graders are meeting and exceeding state standards
- All Gwinnett County high schools were recognized as AP Honor Schools in 2012, and 147 students were honored as AP National Scholars
For a complete list of Gwinnett County Public Schools, click here